About Groovie Tots
I am a qualified childminder and have been running a child minding service from my home in Rushall since 2015.
I have professional childcare experience since 1998 working with children and young people from birth to 18 years of age in numerous childcare settings:
- Overseas in children's holiday clubs
- Crèches for a UK tour operator for 10 years
- Managing several childcare services abroad
- Day Nurseries
- Home Environments
- Children's Residential Care Homes
- Children's Centres - Early Years Play Groups, Stay & Play sessions
I have a great amount of knowledge and understanding of children's needs and development. Children learn from play and exploring their own experiences & discoveries so I provide activities and opportunities for the children in my care to achieve and develop to the best of their ability and developmental stage.
I carefully plan activities; indoor and outdoor, outings & visits and follow the child's individual interests and needs while following EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage) guidelines and legal requirements with all children 5 years and under.
I live in the Rushall area of Walsall in a new two bedroom ground floor apartment. My second bedroom has been transformed into an early years play room, the lounge area is also used by children to play. Outdoors, I have access to local parks, nature walks, playing fields & Pelsall Common.
I am close to Rushall JMI School, Rushall Park, Rushall Library and Manor Farm Community Association.
Street parking available.
Bus stops are easily accessible to Walsall, Aldridge, Birmimgham, Brownhills, Walsall Wood, Shelfield, Cannock and Lichfield.
- NNEB Diploma in Childcare. (1999)
- Level 3 NVQ in Health & Social Care - Children and Young People (2009)
- Childminding Level 3: Understanding How To Set Up A Home Based Childcare Service
Skills & Training
- Paediatric First Aid
- Healthy Eating
- Child Protection & Safe Guarding
- Child Protection & Behaviour Management
- Oral Health