Groovie Tots is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Groovie Tots may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes and read it in conjunction with the site Terms & Conditions. This policy is effective from 11th October 2014 and has been updated in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) May 2018.
What we may collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We may use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We currently use 3rd party Google Analytics for web page use analytics.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may at any time if you should change your mind.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
I will not retain your personal information any longer than required.
You may request details of personal information which I hold about you under the GDPR 2018. Fees for data release are no longer payable under the updated Act. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please .
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Children in Attendance
We MUST retain documentation on the child in attendance at Groovie Tots until the age of 21 years of age in accordance with GDPR 2018. This is kept securely on the premises at all times, and is viewable by yourself on request.
All parents will receive a Welcome Pack upon enrolling at Groovie Tots this will contain all our child protection policy documents which will be updated throughout the period your child is in attendance.
I have a no social media policy at Groovie Tots. We do not have a social media presence, this is part of our child protection policy.
- NNEB Diploma in Childcare. (1999)
- Level 3 NVQ in Health & Social Care - Children and Young People (2009)
- Childminding Level 3: Understanding How To Set Up A Home Based Childcare Service
Skills & Training
- Paediatric First Aid
- Healthy Eating
- Child Protection & Safe Guarding
- Child Protection & Behaviour Management
- Oral Health